The Louisiana State ATC approved Responsible Vendor Course

ABSEC LLC is a Louisiana owned and based company

Not sure if you’re ready?  Take this short quiz to measure your knowledge.   Louisiana ATC RV Quiz

shreveport jpg

Shreveport ABO Card Application: What You Need to Know

If you own a business in Shreveport, Louisiana, that serves alcohol, you must have an ABO (Alcohol Beverage Outlet) card. This permit allows you to sell and serve alcoholic beverages within the city. This guide will provide you with a step-by-step process for...

Louisiana Responsible Vendor Program

Louisiana Alcohol Laws: A Comprehensive Guide

If you're planning a trip to Louisiana, it's important to familiarize yourself with the state's alcohol laws. Louisiana has a unique and complex set of laws that regulate the sale, consumption, and distribution of alcohol. In this article, we'll provide you with a...

78b9617074dd8f97ed295e4cbb2877ae 7

How to get a Liquor License in Louisiana – A Definitive Guide

Are you looking to obtain a liquor license in Louisiana? If so, you've come to the right place. In this guide, we'll provide a comprehensive overview of the process and requirements for obtaining a liquor license in Louisiana. From the types of licenses available...

63 percent rum jpg

Louisiana Alcohol Seller Server Permit Course

What is the Louisiana Alcohol Seller Server Permit Course? The Louisiana Alcohol Seller Server Permit Course is a mandatory training program for anyone who wishes to sell or serve alcohol in Louisiana. This course is designed to teach individuals how to properly...

ATC State Logo2

The Louisiana ATC Lowdown: Everything You Need to Know

Ah, Louisiana - a state known for its rich culture, mouth-watering cuisine, and vibrant music scene. But let's not forget about the spirited nightlife that makes it such an iconic destination. To keep things in check, the Louisiana ATC (Alcohol and Tobacco Control)...


I need a Responsible Vendor Server Permit, how do I purchase the online course and take the exam?
  • Purchase the RV Server online course.
  • Take the online course.
  • Take and pass the final exam.  You will not be able to take the online exam until you complete the online course.)

You will receive a  Certificate of Completion upon passing the  Online Exam. This Certificate of Completion will serve as proof of training until your Server Permit is issued and made available online by the Louisiana Office of Alcohol and Tobacco Control.

I lost my server permit. How do I obtain another copy?

Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.

How long is my server or security permit good for?

Responsible Vendor Server and Security permits expire every four years on the last day of the month in which you took the class.

Why should someone use the ABSEC Online Program?

The ABSEC online program incorporates Louisiana specific laws and regulations as required in all mandatory responsible vendor training programs in the state of Louisiana. By providing this state specific training, students receive the Louisiana Responsible Vendor Server Permit upon course and exam completion.

ABSEC is Louisiana based and Louisiana owned.

Do all of my employees who sell or serve alcohol need to be trained now?

Any person who sells or serves beverage alcohol or deals with customers who purchase or consume beverage alcohol must attend an approved server training class and receive a Server Permit issued by the Louisiana Office of Alcohol & Tobacco Control.

Servers must obtain a permit within 45 days from date of hire.

I took the alcohol server class but did not pass the examination, what do I do now?

Simple.  You may retake the course and attempt the final examination by contacting us.  https://absecllc.com/contact-us/

I was trained in responsible alcohol service in another state, is that training valid in Louisiana?

No, you must receive training specific to the State of Louisiana by attending an approved Responsible Vendor training program.

Who must attend class and obtain a Responsible Vendor Server Permit?

Any employee of a vendor who is authorized to sell or serve beverage alcohol in the normal course of his or her employment or deals with customers who purchase or consume beverage alcohol must successfully attend and pass a Responsible Vendor training course and obtain a Responsible Vendor Server Permit.

  • To find a list of Frequently Asked Questions Click Here
  • To Find an RV Class in your area Click Here
  • Download the RV Handbook Click Here
  • To view a copy of the laws regulating the RV Program Click Here
  • To view RV Board Meeting Info / Dates Click Here

Get in touch, or create an account

100% Secure and Verified – Endorsed by the Louisiana ATC